Sunday, March 14, 2010

What Brought Me Home

Isn’t it funny how something as simple as a picture can invoke so many emotions and memories?  I saw this needlepoint and knew I had to bring it home.

IMG_1484

It reminds me how important being home for my husband and children really is.  The wonderful memories and stories we are creating together.

My story as a stay at home mom began 5  years ago.   My daughter was almost 2, and I was working full time at a bank as an Assistant Vice President, in charge of Human Resources and Compliance.  I put in long hours and was totally stressed!  In December 2004, I found out I was pregnant.  At our second doctors appointment we discovered that I lost the baby.  I was miserable, work no longer seemed important, my daughter was growing up so fast, and our life was always in hurry up mode!   I no longer wanted my story to be about work!    God was calling me to rethink my priorities and stay home.  My husband and I talked about all the pros and cons.  A big con was the loss of a paycheck (1/2 to be exact).  We decided to trust God and I put in my notice.

The past five years we have created so many stories together, a new son, homeschooling, and precious time with family and friends.

-Cindy

3 comments:

  1. PS - Are you on twitter or FB? I like to follow other homeschool moms :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looooooove this! Bless your heart! I'm so glad you are able to enjoy your babies now! Way to go, keeping first things first!

    ReplyDelete